Old 16-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Tony

Default Datura Metal

FWIW, Datura Metel is a Devil's Trumpet, not an Angel's Trumpet.
Brugmansias are Angel Trumpets.

A Datura Metel seedling will grow 3-4' tall if in very fertile soil. In
poor soil they'll reach 2-3'. They'll flower profusely.

They're an annual, but they do self reseed.

They're also my favorite plant. Any other questions, please ask.

Last year I grew about 50 of these plants.

Tony

wrote in message
Can I plant the seeds of Datura Metal (Angel Trumpet) directly into
the ground and expect to have flowers this year?

We have Jimson Weed which I am told is Datura and they come up from
seed year after year even though I live in zone 5.

Would appreciate advice.