Old 09-07-2009, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
ctlady[_2_] ctlady[_2_] is offline

Default Canning Peppers

On Jul 7, 6:24*pm, "
wrote:
Does anyone know how to can peppers? We did some last year and of
course can't find the book. Do you blanch them or do *you have to cook
them through? Thanks for any ideas.

MJ

Why not try freezing them? I freeze my peppers every year. Just
wash, dry, remove the seeds, slice or chop (whatever your choice is)
and place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Slip the sheet
into the freezer for a couple of hours and then put them into freezer
bags. This first step of freezing in a single layer prevents them from
sticking all together into one mass of peppers and you can removed
just the amount you want when you need them. They won't be crisp
when thawed but perfect for any kind of cooking.