Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Garden hose

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have two of the home depot variety "kink free" garden hoses. They are
far from kink free, in fact they kink all the time when you stretch them
out. When you roll them back up you have to keep flipping the hose the
right way so it won't kink.

However, I have a very old hose probably more than 15 years I found in
this garage and it never kinks. It does not kink because it does not
flatten not even a little bit. I think it's made of rubber. Are those
better hoses than the modern day vinyl hoses?

MC

IMO, yes, it is better, but after 15 years it may be deteriorating. If you
want the best possible hose reel, go to www.rapidreel.com After curing
every other type for years, I spent the money and have never been happier
using the hoses and being able to re-wind it easily. .