Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default July gardens

Loosecanon wrote:

I am also told you have to pick them at the right time or they mature
to fast and the plant decides it is time to shut down just like
beans. Oh and also the leaves can bring out rashes on people so you
have to tread lightly. As I do gardening work the list of plants I
have to avoid is growing. English ivy kills me, Rosemary and lavendar
are not far behind. So I will be extra careful handling okra.

Richard

Yes timing is critical they go from soft and tasty to overblown and stringy
in a couple of days.

David