Old 08-07-2009, 10:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Training a Virginia creeper

Tim Downie wrote:
Having sweated blood in removing a common ivy that was growing up the
gable of our house, I'd now like to train a Virginia creeper up there
instead.
There's been a VC growing by the gable end for some time but it's
never been able to get a good enough grip on the painted pebbledash
to gain any height. What's the best thing to train it up? Trellis,
plastic mesh, vine eyes & wire or something else?

Gripfill.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk