Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair
Zeppo Zeppo is offline

Default Garden hose

"BillGill" wrote in message
MiamiCuse wrote:
I have two of the home depot variety "kink free" garden hoses. They are
far from kink free, in fact they kink all the time when you stretch them
out. When you roll them back up you have to keep flipping the hose the
right way so it won't kink.

However, I have a very old hose probably more than 15 years I found in
this garage and it never kinks. It does not kink because it does not
flatten not even a little bit. I think it's made of rubber. Are those
better hoses than the modern day vinyl hoses?

MC

Same thing I have said before. Sears sells a life time warranted rubber
hose. If anything ever goes wrong with it you take it back and they
give you a new one. They are heavier, but it is worth it for the fact
that when you pull a kink in one all you have to do is untwist it and
the kink goes away. They cost more, I paid about $35 for my 70 foot
one, but since I won't ever have to buy a replacement for it it is
well worth the price.

Bill

I agree. I bought a heavy duty 100' rubber hose from sears many years ago
and it still kink-free and in great shape. I use on of those free standing
reels with a big crank from one of the big home improvement stores. It works
pretty well winding neatly and the hose is enclosed which helps it's
lifespan.

I bought a few more 50' rubber hoses for the front yard and they are pretty
good, but will kink on occasion. I attribute this to the crappy wall-mounted
reel they are on more than the hose themselves. Once we get the furniture we
are holding for my daughter out of the garage later this summer, I''' be
able to put a better reel in the garage for these hoses.

Jon