Old 16-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Holy Cow!!! Phal. schilleriana...

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:31:28 GMT, wrote:

It really *is* fragrant!!!
.... ....................... clipped...........
that's all changed! Today, I had some of my plants out on the deck to
be watered and get some fresh air. As I was picking up my big shill to
bring it back inside, a bloom brushed past my face and... WOW! It

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"

Karen -
I had a friend in Chicago that grew tropical cactus, one smelled
like an avg. bulbo... BAD. She had 2 pieces of it. The one was
hung in the sun just outside the door of the gh and the other 2
feet away INSIDE the gh. The outdoor one Smelled, did it ever.
The one indoors had no scent that any of us noticed. She gave me
a piece that bloomed several times. I always kept it indoors, and
it was never scented. IT was too pretty to have to smell that
horrid scent.

Sometimes it takes the warmth of the sun or the breeze to trigger
the scents. Try to trigger it again.
SuE