Old 09-07-2009, 04:15 PM
avz10 avz10 is offline
Registered User

Location: Johannesburg, South africa

I attach one photo of the area below the fall:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hurley View Post

It looks as though you have just those two small pockets by the side
of the falls for plants. Whatever you have there will do well to
stand up. Something like parrots feather, which trails down, would
get pulled by the water.

Is the area below the falls out of the way of the water? Will it
splash down into it? Ferns don't like splash very much. Water celery
does better, or the parrots feather, if the grounds is very moist. We
did mint in our pond one year. It thrived and grew slowly.

Others may have better suggestions.

Jim
Yes, there are two pockets on the sides and then a central "connection". The water from the waterfall will not splash directly on this area, but it will definitely get a spray. I will change the front of that "flower box" with rock art.

Then another question- this is the top of the wall. What can I do there? Pebbles in cement, paint it black, ??

Thanks
Albie