Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
DK1000[_2_] DK1000[_2_] is offline

Default ID plant/flower please?

On Jul 9, 2:31*pm, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,

*DK1000 wrote:
Pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...IMAGE_028a.jpg

This is growing in Cleveland, Ohio about 3 miles from my house. Not
sure how many different types are in that planter, but something was
filling up the whole area with aroma from that planter. I do not know
my flowers very well, would appreciate an ID if possible. I do have a
small garden, and I planted alyssums, and whatever that is has a kind
of similar, maybe stronger, scent to my nose. Whatever they are, I'd
like to get some for my garden. Sorry if the pic isn't the clearest,
it's from a camera phone. Thanks much.

Petunias!

Thanks much! But then there must be something else around there that I
didn't see. I forgot to mention I do have petunias also in my garden,
and I thought, no those can't be petunias, even though they kind of
looked like what I have, as mine don't have a scent at all. I was
looking for scented flowers when I bought mine, and at the store they
told me what I'm buying will have a strong scent, but at night. I
can't smell anything from mine night or day. Are there varieties that
have scent and ones that don't? Mine are different colors from those
in the pic. Thanks again.