Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Canning Peppers

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:56:06 -0700 (PDT), ctlady
wrote:

snip
Why not try freezing them? I freeze my peppers every year. Just
wash, dry, remove the seeds, slice or chop (whatever your choice is)
and place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Slip the sheet
into the freezer for a couple of hours and then put them into freezer
bags. This first step of freezing in a single layer prevents them from
sticking all together into one mass of peppers and you can removed
just the amount you want when you need them. They won't be crisp
when thawed but perfect for any kind of cooking.

They don't stick together all that bad. I've never had any
trouble separating them after freezing in zip lock bags.
Could be maybe my hands are a bit stronger too

Wash them off, core/remove seeds and any bad spots, slice
into strips maybe an inch or so wide. Shove into large (2
gallon work nice) freezer bag, freeze. Use for cooking, they
will be mushy/limp when they thaw out. I've kept them in a
chest freezer for a year or so without any troubles.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b