Old 09-07-2009, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Garden hose

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:06:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

I live near the world's leading reel company but I think their garden
hose
reels are just too pricey for home use.

http://www.hannay.com/

Never saw them before. Look good but pricey at $339. A couple of years
ago
I went with www.rapidreel.com. Not cheap either, but works great. Hose
does not kink and unwinds and winds easily. The one I have was $179 but
they do have less expensive models.

Don't waste your money on the $30 plastic jobs at the big box stores.

I'd rather use those plastic jobs. They last 5 years. The cost of a
$180 model will never be recouped. I have better places to put
$150.

Good for you. IMO, the plastic jobs are crap, aggravating to use, and
don't last more than a year or two. I'm willing to pay for convenience and
quality. I can wind my hose up in seconds and smoothly, something a plastic
reel never could achieve. We have choices, mine differs from yours.