Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair
Zootal[_4_] Zootal[_4_] is offline

Default Garden hose

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

SteveB wrote:

A coil method of
one coil one way, and the next reversed works great, but few can master
it.

By far the best method to use.

One note though is that once a cable / hose / wire has been abused and
kinked, it won't coil well no matter what technique you use.

Problem with the el-cheapo Wal-Mart/Home-Depot/Costco hoses (yes, even
Costco sells these piece of crap hoses) is that it is so very easy to kink
them. And as many here have pointed out, once it kinks, it will keep kinking
in the same place. I have several of them that I keep on the ground in my
garden - I don't coil them up when done, they stay in place where I need
them and I just drag them around as needed. And the !@#$ things kink so
easly I'm ready to throw the whole lot of them in the trash and go buy an
industrial quality hose that I can use without kinking....