Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Canning Peppers

"Bill who putters" wrote

We used to dry peppers then freeze them. Now our dehydrator used
exclusively for fruit. Apples, peaches and a rare pineapple

It's not possible to dehydrate pineapple at home for less than it costs to
buy it already dehydrated... not unless you live where pineapple is grown,
and then why bother.. the dehy pineapple one buys in market is dried in
pineapple growing countries becaue it would be stupid to ship heavy
pineapple when it costs much less to ship already dried. Actually it's not
possible to dehydrate statside pineapple before it rots because to ship it
needs to be harvested long before fully ripe, and because it doesn't contain
enough sugar to keep from rotting in the drying process. There are no field
ripened pineapple in stateside markets, and pineapple does not ripen further
once picked. I think you're full of billygoat poopoo... you just made all
that up... you never made a raisin. Anytime someone begins a claim with
"We" then ya gotta know here comes a lie... WE usta, that's barroom
boasting, that's likker tawkin'. Just like I caught you last time, you are
a patent LIAR... you can't help yourself, you have a disease.