Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Looking for a new server....

I'll sign on to Motzarella tomorrow.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
Diana Kulaga wrote:
Hi, all,

I've been spending some time looking for a new portal to access Usenet,
as we've been discussing. Before registering anywhere, I thought I'd ask
a question or two.

Motzarella.org has become eternal-september.org. On the home page, it is
pretty clear that it supports *text* groups. Is anyone still using this,
and if so can you still access abpo?

Bignews.usenetmonster.com: I can find it, but it takes a loooonnnng time
to download the home page. I stopped waiting after about 60 seconds. Is
this normal, or is there a glitch today?

Does anyone use Terranews?

All info helpful and appreciated.

Diana

I tried both teranews and motzarella last summer when my ISP was messed
up; neither worked and neither seems to have any tech assistance - or at
least any that would respond to queries and requests for help.

I gave up. Eventually my ISP got itself figured out, and I have newsgroup
access again.