Old 16-04-2003, 05:08 AM
zhanataya

Default Datura Metal

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:51:02 -0500, "Tony"
wrote:

FWIW, Datura Metel is a Devil's Trumpet, not an Angel's Trumpet.
Brugmansias are Angel Trumpets.

A Datura Metel seedling will grow 3-4' tall if in very fertile soil. In
poor soil they'll reach 2-3'. They'll flower profusely.

They're an annual, but they do self reseed.

They're also my favorite plant. Any other questions, please ask.

Last year I grew about 50 of these plants.

Tony

Tony, I live in Pensacola, FL zone 8B. Last year I grew a couple od
Daturas. I saved seed and I also let them cast their own seed. My
question is when should I start to expect the volunteer seedlings to
start poking their heads up. I have ammended the soil somewhat around
the daturas but it is mostly sand.

zhan