Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Oh Dear :-(

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Kate Morgan" wrote k...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell
asleep in the middle, did I miss much ?

I recorded it so will watch it later, tomorrow or so. [...]

Last night's was the first one I'd managed to catch and I felt rather
disappointed. The best parts were about the Beekeeper's Garden (just
lovely and what a well-done mosaic), the old rose species, some pieces
about a few of the other show gardens, and whenever they fitted in the
odd clips about new or newish varieties of plants (I wish there'd been
more and Carol K doing the presenting).

Whatever was all that pizza-making with Matthew Wilson and the
irritating Rachel for? That seems like a waste of screen time to me. If
it was because they had to be undercover to record as there seemed to be
a heavy shower going on outside at the time, it would have been more
interesting to have shown some pre-recorded session about new plant
varieties and the nurseries who raised them.

I don't mind Joe Swift when he's enthusing about design or planting but
could do without all the knockabout, 'innit all a laff guv' nonsense.
Yes gardening can be fun, but that just *grates* on me.

--
Sue