Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Help with plant rescue mission & upside down tomato planters please

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:55:55 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Learner-Grower
writes
small dogs with a tomato in it's mouth a few days back (they are
poisonous to dogs)

Who on earth told you that? Tomatoes are fine for dogs, mine love tomato
juice as well. Maybe you mean the flowers and fruit on potatoes which i
think can induce sickness.

Tomatoes are definitely NOT poisonous to dogs or i assume they would
also be poisonous to us:!

Bunny Guinness on GQT has more than once recommended adding tomato
juice to female dogs' food which apparently stops their urine killing
the grass. Can't confirm it as I don't have dogs. I guess the
poisonous bit is the potato fruit, as Janet says.

Pam in Bristol