Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Oh Dear :-(

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
On 10 July, 14:41, "Ragnar" wrote:
"BAC" wrote in message

It's all of a piece with the BBC's attitude to program making now.
Gardening programs for people who don't like gardening, classical music
programes interrupted by mindless blather (to suit viewers with an
attention
span of approx 5 seconds), cookery programs for people who don't like
cooking (e.g. Masterchef), pulp science fiction for people who don't like
science (e.g. Horizon). These days it is far more important to entertain
than to instruct.

A lot to do with the fact that TV execs tend to be young and arrogant
and believe that those who watch TV are morons or deserve to be
treated as such. So "we'll give them as much reality TV, soaps and
repeats we can broadcast and the masses will be happy,"

Have you seen the rescheduling of the soaps? Even Corrie Street is being
moved!!

""Thursday Nite is Soaps Nite" :-(((((((

This newsgroup will be quiet!

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk