Old 11-07-2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bonnie Tomato blight

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:41:30 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
Just heard an NPR story about tomato blight from Bonnie plants. Three
of my tomatoes have it, but another (from a nursery) was planted later
10 feet away that is growing very well and producing fruit.

I heard the same report. I only have two tomato plants, both from Bonnie,
but so far neither looks to have any problems other than the already-large
fruits are taking _far_ too long to ripen. I'd guess that a company as
large as Bonnie has at least a few dispersed growing facilities so having
the infection at all of them seems unlikely. What area are you in?

In the Secret City.