Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Daniels Steve Daniels is offline

Default Bell Pepper Spot

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:23:53 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Billy , to say:

In article ,
Steve Daniels wrote:

My first attempt at peppers. I have a couple of bell pepper
plants that are fruiting. I have had two of them that have
developed a tissue thin brown spot on them.

Is this something that just happens, and I've never seen it
before because peppers with spot never make it to Safeway?

Sunburn. To protect peppers from sunburn, pinch plants to encourage leaf
growth.
http://coststudies.ucdavis.edu/files/bellpeppers.pdf

That's an interesting document, thank you.

I'm going with the "bugs on the inside" theory, though. Were it
sunburn, you'd expect to see it on all the bells, and I don't.
Plus, on further inspection, the brown patch actually looks
nibbled on the edges of the inside half.

Plus, when I asked my girlfriend about it, she said, "Oh yeah,
you can get that."

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.