Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Bell Pepper Spot

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:17:38 GMT, against all advice, something
compelled "brooklyn1" , to say:

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:18:12 GMT, against all advice, something
compelled "brooklyn1" , to say:

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message

My first attempt at peppers. I have a couple of bell pepper
plants that are fruiting. I have had two of them that have
developed a tissue thin brown spot on them.

Is this something that just happens, and I've never seen it
before because peppers with spot never make it to Safeway?

Could be a larva living inside the pepper, I've seen where

they will
eat the
flesh right up to the skin without breaking through.

Guess it could be. I'm not using any pesticides.

You can just cut away that portion and use the rest.

That's what I did.

Did you find the worm? It wouldn't be very big and it would probably be
hidden in the seedy core, perhaps burrowed inside the fleshy part waiting to
pupate, you probably didn't notice. There are pepper maggots that can look
like the pepper seeds. http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/444/444-005/444-005.html