Old 11-07-2009, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Looking for a new server....

wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:27:44 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
Thanks, guys. Chris, I know about Flickr. It does seem a bit limited as far
as discussion is concerned. There is always the Facebook option, too.

And for me, facebook is *NOT* an option.
I don't have the time to sufficiently falsify a persona for every
activity I might possibly want to do on facebook.
I don't want my real information anywhere near facebook as the owner
of any application on facebook gets full access to your information.
For added joy... deleting something from facebook doesn't actually delete
it. It generally just marks it to not automatically stick it into
a link or image tag on your page. If someone has the absolute URL to it
it's like it was never deleted.

My wife and kids use it, and my conclusion is "It embraces every reason
I never set foot on my highschool since I graduated."

FWIW ditto, especially the high school comment.

K Barrett