Old 16-04-2003, 06:08 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Friend or foe?

I don't know but there is a rule of thumb that comes from Gardeners'
Question Time and generally works well. If it's slow it's usually bad and if
it's fast it's a goodie. I think that's the right way around, haven't woken
up yet!
shannie wrote:
: Hi All,
:
: This evening whilst clearing some ground round the veggies I found a
: teeny little insect. Three sets of legs, carrotty orange in colour,
: two curved antaenna, about the same size as a red ant and had wings.
: I took it inside in a jar to check out my books, (couldn't find it in
: them!) when it was in the jar it's colour looked as though it had
: faded to a peachy hue, this could have been a trick of the light tho.
: My question is, does anyone know what this was and if it's friend or
: foe in the veg garden. Just in case it's significant, we have an
: enormous amount of wireworms due to the fact this is recently tilled
: land could it be related in some way??
:
: Many thanks
: Shan