Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Bonnie Tomato blight

"John McGaw" wrote in message
.. .
Phisherman wrote:
Just heard an NPR story about tomato blight from Bonnie plants. Three
of my tomatoes have it, but another (from a nursery) was planted later
10 feet away that is growing very well and producing fruit.

I heard the same report. I only have two tomato plants, both from Bonnie,
but so far neither looks to have any problems other than the already-large
fruits are taking _far_ too long to ripen. I'd guess that a company as
large as Bonnie has at least a few dispersed growing facilities so having
the infection at all of them seems unlikely. What area are you in?

All 3 of my varieties are Bonnie. No sign of disease but what is up with
the ripening of the fruit? I have all these yellow pears just sitting there
doing nothing at all. They seem to have just stopped ripening altogether.
My celebrities have stalled as well, no growth in any of the fruit in a
whole week.

Paul