Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Bonnie Tomato blight

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

All 3 of my varieties are Bonnie. No sign of disease but what is up with
the ripening of the fruit? I have all these yellow pears just sitting
there
doing nothing at all. They seem to have just stopped ripening
altogether.
My celebrities have stalled as well, no growth in any of the fruit in a
whole week.

Paul

What area are you in?

SoCal, San Gabriel Valley.

What have the temps been like?

low 90's day, mid 60s night

How often do you water?

Every day. Sometimes twice a day. The leaves start to wilt without daily
watering.

How often do you
fertilize (with what and how much)? Are they in the ground, or pots?

I have been using an organic 5-5-5. So far, one feeding. Before that
Miracle Grow for general purpose use, once a week as directed. All plants
are in pots. They got a magnesium feeding today for the first time.

Paul