Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default overseeding the lawn

On 11 July, 23:04, bobharvey wrote:
On 11 July, 17:43, Dave Hill wrote:

Remember, in nature grass seed just drops to the grownd and doesn't
get planted, except some by worms.

It's true. *But Nature is not setting out to achieve a perfect
monovarietal sward, and as long as one seed in a million succeeds is
quite happy. *We are hoping to get at least 50% of grass seeds to
succeed, so a bit of TLC & the elimination of hazards will help this
un-natural desite.

We dont all go into the garden with "un-natural desires"

If just 1 in one million grass seeds grew in nature then we would have
no grass.
David Hill