Old 12-07-2009, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
louisxiv[_2_] louisxiv[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting Back

I was newbie here a few years ago. Haven't posted for a while and what do
you know, in terms of knowledge and skills at least I'm still a newbie!

I have a lot of Lavender and Hebe in my garden. They look great but I'm
unclear as to what to do once the summer is over. Should I be chopping them
back for the winter? If so, when and how vigorously?

Oh, and Ceanothus too. I left mine alone over the past two winters as I
liked the size. It now fails to flower to any significant extent and I'm
wondering if it's because I didn't prune it. Any suggestions?

Expect more basic questions to come!

Thanks in advance for any advice...

MA