Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Disaster averted!

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 07:58:03 EDT, matthelliwell
wrote:

On 7 July, 13:00, Jim Hurley wrote:
Others will have advice on the hardness.

Let me congratulate you on having your pump off the bottom!

I think if I did that in my pond, I'd have all the dirt collecting at
the bottom and not being sucked up by the pump. What I'd really like
is a pond pump with a float switch fitted.

I meant to ask last time. . . Is there some reason that isn't
feasible? Float switches start at $35 or so and can be as easy as
plugging the pump in and plugging the switch in.

It is probably a good idea for me too- as I can't pump my pond dry,
but I *can* pump the pump dry and that would ruin my day.

Jim