Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
may may is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth Snr[_2_] View Post
On 11 July, 11:42, may wrote:
Do slugs and snails like lavender ?

the reason i ask is because i was thinking of planting lavender at
the base of my many clamatis dotted round the garden .

I am sick and tired of those snails climbing on to the stems of my
clematis and eating the stems, and they always seem to do it when
there is lots of buds ready to bloom , and they ruin it all.

i was thinking that if they dont like lavender they may stay away .

They'll stay away from your lavender but it won't stop them attacking
something more to their liking. In any case lavender is one of those
plants whose flowers honey bees love, and as there is now such a
shortage of honey bees, they need all the encouragement they can get.

yes, i was thinking that i would like to have more lavender to encourage the honey bees , hopefully the lavender will surround the clematis at the bottom and stop those small snails from climbing up the clematis but maybe that is just wishful thinking