Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Pump blockage - Cleaning the 'deep well' - Plant explosion

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message

The plants are really taking off. The hyacinths have grown to their
18" height in the berm ponds, so I pulled a few bushels of them for
compost. Thta permits the others to pull nutrients from the pond. We
now have 64 sq ft of hyacinth, 126 sq ft of water celery, 32 sq ft of
parrots feather in the berm ponds and one leg of the main pond. The
lilies cover about half the open pool.

Jim

====================
I can't even find pond plants here anymore. The few I've
seen are already almost dead. I saved water lettuce from
last year but the hyacinths didn't make the winter... and
that was in a heated greenhouse. =:-O

I'm not buying any more plants as we've discussed selling
this property and getting something smaller. :-) It's too
big and too much work for two seniors.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.