Old 16-04-2003, 07:32 AM
DWS

Default Odd hitchhicker on plant

Oh God yes we have these in Indiana too - they are so gross. Maybe a
different strain, but our grow about as big as a 50% piece... They are
always in my boat - ive gone to great lengths to keep them out - everything
but have a pro come in and kill every insect around

Id get rid of it unless you can id it and contain it some how.

Just my 2 Cents

Dustin
"Kelly Upton" wrote in message
.net...
Here is a web site that has descriptions of some aquatic spiders on it for
you. I have heard of them and we even have some in Georgia. Check it out
and see if your guy is there. Watch out though if you are breeding
fish--some may become his lunch!

http://www.dlwc.nsw.gov.au/care/wetl...es/watermites_
aquaticspiders.html

"Patrick McClintick" wrote in message
I've gotten the requisite snails and even some hydra on plants before,

but
what I saw today surprised me. One of my microsword bundles has a tiny
spider, web included. Now, these plants have been underwater for at

least
2
weeks, if not longer. They are currently finishing up a stay in Ellis
Island (my quarantine tank) before being transplanted into their

permanent
home. It's tiny, reddish body, black abdomen. Any ideas?

--Patrick
Duo at Evilaccess dot Com