Old 13-07-2009, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Oh Dear :-( now OT

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-13 11:46:05 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

June Hughes wrote:

I used to watch Coronation Street and East Enders regularly but
haven't bothered for about 7 years.

My wife used to be an avid follower of Coronation Street but stopped
watching it many years ago when the story lines started getting more
and more outrageous to compete with similarly over the top scripts on
the other soaps. Has Ken Barlow been kidnapped by aliens yet?
We watch very little TV nowadays; not much of interest or what we
would call "entertainment". News and the occasional film and
gardening program.

We enjoy Ladies of Letters, Doc Martin, New Tricks (a do-not-miss for
us) Hope Springs, House (occasionally) University Challenge, Waking the
Dead, Wycliffe and little else. We're looking forward to next Sunday's
new series of All The Queen's Horses hosted by A. Titchmarsh. I find
those behind the scenes type programmes fascinating and still remember
enjoying the series on the Royal Opera House many years ago. We
sometimes watch the re-runs of e.g. Last of the Summer Wine and series
of that sort but it does very mildly irritate us that we've already
paid to watch them once!
We didn't bother to watch any more of the Hampton Court Flower Show,
I'm afraid - couldn't really see the point.

New Tricks, University Challenge, QI, The Proms, Reading Festival (when
it is on next month), newsnight and the men like the dreaded Top Gear,
which I hate. I have to admit to enjoying Cranford but only by
purchasing the DVD after the event. I also like Geoffrey Hamilton but
that is also a DVD. (Well, it would be, wouldn't it). The Lucia series
but yet again I didn't see it when it was on TV but bought the videos
then the DVDs when they came out. I wouldn't dream of turning on the TV
first thing in the morning except in an emergency (such as 7/7, when I
couldn't get to work and wanted to know why). I am a sad old bat.
--
June Hughes