Old 13-07-2009, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default OT Ronnie Briggs

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

My views are -

A. it's Biggs, not Briggs, and

B. He should have been left to rot in Brazil. I couldn't believe how the
gov't jumped the queue for him and got a passport at a moments notice, and
a private or chartered jet or whatever, at our expense of course. It was
blindingly obvious he only wanted to come back because he'd discovered
what health and pension conditions were like over there.

Nevertheless, he's back here now, and in the system, and IMO should be dealt
with, fairly, on similar terms to everyone else in the system, i.e. in
accordance with the parole board's recommendations. Can't help but think the
Government is using him to try to convince the public that they're 'tough on
crime', him being a much easier target than modern day active criminals.