Old 13-07-2009, 01:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
matthelliwell matthelliwell is offline

Default Floating solar fountain?

On 12 July, 20:30, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
I went by Harbor freight the other day and they had a floating solar
fountain on sale. It takes sun and sprays water up severap inches.

bit fake looking, but sort of nice.

Has anyone tried one before?

I've got one, I'm in southern (old) England. The solar panel is about
5 inches across. It works well enough as an amusing toy but don't
expect too much from it. It only works in direct sunlight as well, it
stops completely in the shade regardless of how bright the day is.

Matt