Old 13-07-2009, 05:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Simple Arbor Designs

here is mine, my design. http://weloveteaching.com/hopepond/arbor~1.htm
once you plant a good vine on it, it will stabilize it as well. Ingrid

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:22:06 -0700, "W" wrote:

I am looking for an extremely simple design for an arbor shade for various
points around a house. One idea I had was to put up a single pole at each
end with a cross beam, and then put supporting beams at the far ends of each
crossbeam to the other pole's crossbeam. Then I could roll over that
structure any kind of shading, maybe using some very simple wood beams
attached to each other by rope. Does any vendor sell this kind of
structure as a kit / system?

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago