Old 13-07-2009, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oh Dear :-( now OT

On 2009-07-13 11:46:05 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

June Hughes wrote:

I used to watch Coronation Street and East Enders regularly but haven't
bothered for about 7 years.

My wife used to be an avid follower of Coronation Street but stopped
watching it many years ago when the story lines started getting more
and more outrageous to compete with similarly over the top scripts on
the other soaps. Has Ken Barlow been kidnapped by aliens yet?

We watch very little TV nowadays; not much of interest or what we would
call "entertainment". News and the occasional film and gardening
program.

We enjoy Ladies of Letters, Doc Martin, New Tricks (a do-not-miss for
us) Hope Springs, House (occasionally) University Challenge, Waking the
Dead, Wycliffe and little else. *We're looking forward to next Sunday's
new series of All The Queen's Horses hosted by A. Titchmarsh. *I find
those behind the scenes type programmes fascinating and still remember
enjoying the series on the Royal Opera House many years ago. *We
sometimes watch the re-runs of e.g. Last of the Summer Wine and series
of that sort but it does very mildly irritate us that we've already
paid to watch them once!
We didn't bother to watch any more of the Hampton Court Flower Show,
I'm afraid - couldn't really see the point.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

I love Doc Martin but have missed a bit of it. I like a few of those
you mention but again, there's not much continuity if I forget when
they are on:-). Now I'm off to swim, the courgette and carrot soup is
made and the Ratouille is simmering nicely. Time for a swim, walk
Lottie, swim again as the heat is overpowering. When I say swim, I
mean walk around the shallow end until cool; then do a couple of very
slow lengths, well, mustn't get hot again, innit.

Judith