Old 13-07-2009, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default OT Ronnie Briggs

"BAC" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on
as to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

My views are -

A. it's Biggs, not Briggs, and

B. He should have been left to rot in Brazil. I couldn't believe how the
gov't jumped the queue for him and got a passport at a moments notice,
and a private or chartered jet or whatever, at our expense of course. It
was blindingly obvious he only wanted to come back because he'd
discovered what health and pension conditions were like over there.

Nevertheless, he's back here now, and in the system, and IMO should be
dealt with, fairly, on similar terms to everyone else in the system, i.e.
in accordance with the parole board's recommendations. Can't help but
think the Government is using him to try to convince the public that
they're 'tough on crime', him being a much easier target than modern day
active criminals.

When he has finished his term in prision he can then be released.