Old 16-04-2003, 09:08 AM
gastropod

Default Climbers for a fence

Roses offer good climbing flowers. There are loads of white ramblers
available. Look through the RHS books etc.
Neil

"Serena Blanchflower" wrote in
message ...

I am looking for a climber to put up against a fence (about 5' high,
palisade style) and would appreciate any suggestions. It should
probably be white / cream / pale yellow and will be next to a bright
orange honeysuckle. It's neighbours on the other side will be a
Chaenomeles (hopefully dark red, but it hasn't flowered yet!), a summer
flowering jasmine and a rose, Gloire de Dijon.

My first thought was to get a white passion flower, but that wouldn't be
hardy enough. The other obvious candidate would be a clematis but any
other thoughts would be much appreciated. Ideally it should be summer
flowering.
--
Cheers, Serena

Where nothing is sure, everything is possible (Margaret Drabble)