Old 13-07-2009, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Frogs

endymion writes

I nurtured the spawn as best I could. I saw some of it at least reach
taddies stage. Then it seemed to disappear altogether.

The first thing seem to do is eat the rest of the egg that they hatched
out of.

This is a re newed pond now - so no iris and no roots etc to stop the
taddies getting to water. I thought they may have been lost, But this
last week I have seen a small ( about the size of a thumb joint ) frog
in the pond ,

that's a last year's frog, I think.

Takes them at least 3 years to get to breeding size.

sitting happily on a stone and swimming around. he / she has now
disappeared again. But joy of joys! I was mowing the front lawn and I
managed to see ( and miss) the tiniest of frogs crawling in the grass.

Lovely :-)

--
Kay