Old 14-07-2009, 02:59 AM posted to misc.writing,rec.arts.books,alt.fiction.original,rec.gardens.edible
Piet de Arcilla Piet de Arcilla is offline

Default Free Vid-Stream! John Hurt in Orwell's 1984

On Jul 12, 8:59 pm, Just Me wrote:
Look around you and see the men and women of this post 1984 world,
where there is hardly any distinction between the genders anymore,
where all are dressed alike in billed caps, jeans and t-shirts; both
men and women--an entire society of gas station attendants; sexless,
classless, drab, colorless, characterless figures right out of George
Orwell's 1984.

In my cubicle farm, the only prohibition I know of, clothing wise, is
shorts. Which isn't always observed.

Dresses and skirts are somewhat rare I guess, but feminine clothing is
not. I wouldn't say most wear drab jeans and t-shirts.

Furthermore, non-ear piercings, fluorescent colors of hair dye and
tattooing tantamount to murals are also perfectly acceptable.

Also, people flirt, not to mention sleep with each other, gossip about
it, and so on.

So no, I don't observe anything like your blather. I think the world
you're writing about is as fictional as Orwell's 1984.