Old 13-07-2009, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_2_] RG[_2_] is offline

Default Compost

On 2009-07-13 19:09:21 +0100, "Spider" said:

This weekend I sieved through the contents of one of my compost bins and
gained a huge quantity of the most glorious crumbly compost. I am so
smug,
it's painful! I have three other bins which are ready, so I'm going to
be
impossible to live with this week :~)).

The bins are simply ex-dustbins, upended or well-holed. I put in a good
variety of materials, mix them (but not *that* often) and add water only
rarely if the contents seem dry. They are cold heaps, although they get
quite hot in summer, so they've taken about 9 months to produce this
really
splendid stuff.

I just need some rain now, so I can spread it as mulch. Might just as
well
let the worms finish the job :~)

Spider

Just need some rain?! Please - do come on over!!
--

I *knew* she'd come on here boasting about that stuff. She's been like a cat
with two tails ever since she emptied the bin.

RG