Old 13-07-2009, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Oh Dear :-( now OT

I used to watch Coronation Street and East Enders regularly but haven't
bothered for about 7 years. On the rare occasions I have been subjected
to them, they are not as good as they used to be, the scriptwriting has
deteriorated and they are now boring. The Archers, I have managed to stay
with but even that is irritating at times. However, as it only lasts 15
minutes the boredom factor doesn't have time to set in before deciding to
switch off the radio and you don't have to sit glued a screen like a
moron.

If you are lonely, then I suppose these things fill a gap but each to his
own. If people want to waste their lives watching tripe, they are the ones
paying their licence fee, so let them get on with it.

Of course, the answer lies that little on-off switch. Works wonders for
getting a life
--
June Hughes

Hi June

I'm perplexed by your post above. Firstly you write with assumed authority
on the qualities of Corrie and Eastenders yet have rarely watched either for
7 years.

As a Corrie watcher (only Corrie btw) I hadn't realised it was tripe and
that I was lonely and wasting my life. This really has been a wake up call
for me and other mindless Corrie watchers, no doubt.

I'd better get a life as you suggest.

I know! I'll have you as my role model. Genius!

Let's see, just taking today, you've been chipping in on this thread pretty
much in every hour of the day and I notice other threads are liberally
sprinkled with your comments.
Who could forget your exciting and memorable post of a fews days ago:
'Potato Update'.
Guess you haven't found 'that little on-off switch' on your PC.

I too want to be living life in the fast lane like yourself.

The last time someone asked me to explain irony to them, I hit them in the
face with a bottle of Johnson's 'No More Tears'.

mark :-)