Old 14-07-2009, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Compost

In message
,
moghouse writes
On Jul 14, 11:54*am, June Hughes
wrote:

Chicken poo makes wonderful compost.

Yeah but....how do you get the chickens to poo on the compost heap?
Litter trays for cats works very well but toilet training chickens -
you must be winding us up!

G now you are winding me up. You scoop it up and put it in the
compost of course. Many years ago I bought a dog toilet and it took a
while to realise that you couldn't train the dog to poo in it but had to
put the poo in there yourself. What a waste of time, space and
everything else

Incidently adding slugs and snails is an interesting idea - of course
here in Essex all the slugs wear shell suits!

June Hughes