Old 15-07-2009, 05:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_4_] Zootal[_4_] is offline

Default Garden hose

Actually, Gilmore irrigation products sold in Lowes and Home Depot
come with a lifetime warranty. I've had my 120 foot hose replaced
three times now. No questions asked. It's even easier now in the
modern day with digital. I simply cut both ends off and take a photo
and they send me a new hose. I am certain most people do not take
advantage of this service. So remember, Gilmore hoses, watering
tools, sprinklers, timers...all have a Lifetime Warranty version. Just
look on the packaging.
Victoria

Meh. I'd rather have a good quality product then a piece of junk that needs
replacing periodically. A warranty doesn't do me any good when I have a
broken tool that I need now and the stores are closed until Monday. Case in
point - I made the mistake of buying a cheap off-brand tiller (you think I
would have learned by now to NEVER buy cheap off-brand products). After two
years the handle breaks. Replacement? No problem! Just wait 5 weeks for us
to get one from the factory. Spring...ground is dry, but rain is coming next
week. Till the ground now or wait another month or two for another break in
the rain. And my tiller is broken and the best warranty in the world does me
no good because I bought a cheap made in China plastic piece of crap and it
takes 5 weeks to get a replacement handle. Moral of the story. Never buy
cheap plastic made in China (or made anywhere else for that matter) crap.
Fork out the bucks for something good so it doesn't bite you later.