Old 15-07-2009, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Paul is offline

Default Sort of palm tree looks pale and has split leaves

Sorry for not being able to offer an accurate description of the
problem but I'm a complete newbie at gardening. I'm posting another
question separately, too. I have a plant that looks a little palm-tree-
ish and it appears to be growing fine. However the newer leaves appear
to be a much paler shade of green that those that existed before I
purchased the plant. In addition, some of the leaves have split down
the middle. This second problem could have been caused by recent
strong winds but the plant is fairly protected.

I've posted a picture of the plant at: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3...lmproblem1.jpg

Paul