Old 15-07-2009, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Paul is offline

Default Sort of palm tree has sticky secretion on underside of leaves

Sorry for not being able to offer an accurate description of the
problem but I'm a complete newbie at gardening. I'm posting another
question separately, too. I have a plant that looks a little palm-tree-
ish and it appears to be growing fine. However it has a sticky
secretion on the underside of its leaves and I'd really like to know
what it is.

The whole plant: http://img204.imageshack.us/i/palmproblem2a.jpg/
The secretion: http://img521.imageshack.us/i/palmproblem2b.jpg/

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Paul