Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 AM
jitney

Default Biotech Wish List

Instead of screwing the world's poor with nightmares like the
"Terminator Gene," wouldn't it be great if the biotech firms could
come up with things like:
1) Splice together the bottom of a carrot and the top of a
cabbage.
2) Join together salt marsh plants with rice.
These two would go a long way to relieve world hunger. Then for
disease:
3) Develop a virus that attacks cancer cells.
4) Develop other viruses that attack infectous bacteria.

No, I'm not some kind of Pollyanna, I'm usually very cynical.And some
of these ideas may be naive, I am not a biologist. But I wanted to
offer people something nice to think about for Christmas. Have a merry
one, and feel free to add to the list.