Old 15-07-2009, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Compost

On Jul 14, 10:38*pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Jul 14, 12:07 pm, "Spider" wrote: "June Hughes" wrote in message

news

*Snipped

The late Geoffrey Smith once said that compost should be such that
you
could fancy it in a sandwich. Anyone fancy a sandwich?

Pam in Bristol

Mine looked really yummy. I offered RG ('Him indoors') compost pie for
dinner, but he turned it down. There's no pleasing some people.

Spider

LOL. I have been adding chicken poo to mine and it seems to be
working, without it, the contents hadn't even started to break down, b

Chicken poo makes wonderful compost.
--
June Hughes

Agreed; but so do I - and I don't smell as much :~))

Spider

Young woman, are you suggesting I smell of eau de chicken poo? *I
usually smell of Chanel number 5 LOL *According to someone I know,
they would say they both smell the same, Philistine!!!

:~) *It's a long time since anyone called me a young woman. *Nice though.

Now, Judith, please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you don't
smell of anything so strongly that I could smell it in London! :~))
However, I suggest you save the poultry ploppy for the garden and continue
to apply Chanel No5 to your person. *I'm quite sure your local Philistine
*can* tell the difference. *What a cheek! *I bet it's a man!

Anyway, I'm sure you're the most fragrant compost-maker for miles. *There!
Better now? :~)

Spider

Aaah bless, no wonder I like you!!!

Judith