Old 15-07-2009, 04:34 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtj1960 View Post
Hi, Can anyone give advice on how to plant ferns? I want to plant them in a woodland type area in dryish shade. Do They like well rotted manure or compost in the hole before I plant or do they prefer less nutriments ? Look forward to some help.
Well there are lots of different kinds of ferns and they have diverse requirements. Some are happy in dry shade; some of them need lots of water; some like it well drained, others tolerate it boggy. Some are very unfussy about soil and nutrients, others have specific requirements.