Old 15-07-2009, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.

In article ,
Ed ex@directory wrote:

No, I not no expert scientist or nothing nor read scientific papers. I
am just a gardener. But I see a few articles on the web that says if you
maintain a hot heap then it will kill pathogens.. If you run a cold heap
then these things are not killed off with the heat. Hence my concern.

A lot of such rubbish is written by Merkins, who manage to make
Little Englanders look intelligent. You need to be able to judge
which authors have Clue and which don't.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.